Who is SoggyDayGardener?

Thursday, July 30, 2009

So much rain

Yesterday it seemed to pause the heavy rain only in order to pour down torrential rain (it was raining on St Swithun's Day - 15th July - maybe they knew about jet streams back then after all). Walking through the village later, crossing the bridge, the river was a brown raging torrent.

So I still have an empty bed from removing onions, shallots and garlic and another from the early potatoes to attend to and get them ready for the next crops in the rotation (brassicas after the onions, so manure and compost needed there; and peas,beans, onions, leeks after the early potatoes). Actually just remembered that Mrs Soggy is already on the ball and has planted some leeks on the former potato bed.

1 comment:

Annie*s Granny said...

Heskie, I'd gladly trade some of my triple digit temperatures for a bit of your rain. I know it won't be long before I'll complain of the cold, but it's awfully difficult to get myself out to the garden when it's 100F-plus out there.